Tuesday 16 March 2010

And we're off

We'll it finally looks like I ovulated. Hubby breathed a sigh of relief when I told him. It seems baby making has been less exciting and more of a drudge than he was expecting.

I'm now in what they call the '2 week wait' period or 2WW. I'm not that patient though and there is no way I can wait two weeks. I've already been googling the earliest possible time that you can get a positive result from a pregnancy test and the answer seems to be 7 days. Pregnancy tests detect HCG levels which your body does not produce until after implantation occurs. The consensus seems to be that the earliest date for implantation is 6 days but for most women it happens between 8 and 10 days. So to avoid just completely throwing money away, I need to wait until Monday at the very least - every day after that is a bonus..

Whoever invented the early pregnancy test is an absolute genius. Instead of waiting until your period is late and taking the test to confirm what you already suspect, you get to buy dozen of tests over the months of trying to conceive (and I know I'm not the only mad women out there that goes test crazy!!)

It was Mother's day on Sunday. I feel a little strange about celebrating mothers day. I associate it with my mother and women of my mother's age. I feel too young to go for Mother's day lunch - with a 3 and 1 year old it would be too crazy anyway! No, we'll be leaving that one until the boys are old enough to organise it themselves - maybe I'll feel mature enough then... It was a great day though. I received two very cute hand made cards from my little boys which had their hand prints painted on them. Oh, and my not so subtle hint was picked up and I received the changing bag that I was after as a mother day gift - Yea!! It arrived a little late (Mental note- next time I blog my wish list, I must give more notice!!!). Love it though - it looks better than I expected.

Il Tutto Chiara Red Leather Baby Changing Bag

Well must get back to google - need to check if 6 days dpo is reeeally the earliest possible date for implantation...

No comments:

Post a Comment